Ridgeons is one of the largest independently owned timber and builders’ merchants in the UK and we’re passionate about our people. We have a continued heritage as a family owned business and promote the family ethic in our organisation by providing a healthy work-life balance.
We are currently seeking a new Group Financial Controller. The role will combine commercial and financial accounting activities balancing the need for high quality and accurate commercial finance support to be provided to business managers across the Group together with the highest standards of financial control, compliance and reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a credible, calm and thorough individual who can manage a high and varied workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department
- Manage all accounting operations
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial information
- Manage tax and regulatory/compliance reporting activities
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Prepare, analyse and provide commentary on management information, including margin analysis by business sector, group-wide profit and loss, balance sheets, cash flows
- Manage the cash flow forecasts across the Group
- People management of five direct reports
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record as a Financial Controller
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Embraces change and can help others see change as a positive
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification or equivalent
Why work for Ridgeons?
Ridgeons is a family owned business and has been for over 100 years and we’re proud to say our values and ethics are the same as when we started in 1911. We offer a competitive package and as our Group Financial Controller, you would be entitled to a car allowance, private health insurance, annual bonus scheme, 27 day’s annual leave, contributory pension scheme, life assurance and much more.
If you’re ready to progress your career, apply online today!
Please note, we are not accepting agency candidates for this position and do not wish to be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job