Group Finance Director - £80-90k
"British Engineering, Design & Manufacturing at its best"
We manufacture high end loud speakers and electronics including audio amplifiers, selling through a specialist distribution network across the globe. As our Group FD, you will be working in a business where original design, engineering and manufacturing is the result of passion, experience, craftsmanship and an unwavering dedication to being the best in our sector. You will represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with an enviable, global and in many cases high profile customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Finance Director with excellent commerciality, enthusiasm and ability to 'roll up your sleeves’ when the pressure is on. This role forms part of our Board, so experience and ambition are key, likewise a desire to 'belong’, and the view that this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity.
The role will support the Chairman, the Managing Director and functional heads comprising the Main Board in the UK, and Business Unit heads for the UK and US markets. You will be responsible for the financial management of all our operations from manufacturing through to distribution.
- Contribute proactively within the Executive Management Team for the development of the company and fully collaborate with all other members of the team and staff members
- Play an active part in the strategic planning process, with particular input on the financials
- Oversee the preparation of budgets and present to the Executive Management Team and the Board
- Oversee the management and coordination of all financial reporting activities
- Ensure the provision of timely financial information for the senior team and the Board
- Maintain systems and processes for adequate and accurate reporting
- Maintain total integrity in respect of all accounting systems and governance, ensuring that the same is provided by all staff in Finance
- Attend all Board and sub-committee meetings as appropriate
- Monitor all banking activities and manage relationships with relevant Bank personnel
- Identify, in collaboration with the Managing Director, new funding opportunities
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the business needs
- Execute all Legal responsibilities as act as Company Secretary
- Maintain internal and external customer satisfaction
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Formal accounting qualification
- Sound knowledge of finance, funding, secretarial, regulatory requirements and governance
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in a senior financial role
- Experience of a senior finance function in manufacturing sector desirable
- Entrepreneurial approach, commercially minded, able to contribute on matters outside of the financial remit
- Proven line manager with excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- A team player, able to demonstrate the highest levels of collaborative working and delegation
Salary: £80-90k per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience). Pension, 25 days annual leave + bank and statutory holidays, mobile and laptop. Occasional travel will be required.
In writing by sending a CV and covering letter to our retained Recruitment Manager. No agencies please, and no direct applications to the employer will be accepted.
- Finance Director
- Senior Finance