Due to strong growth and increased focus in investing in the finance function , my very well established Cheltenham based client , has created an opportunity for the role of Group Accountant , reporting to the Group Finance Manager . This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast changing and global FTSE 100 company.
The Group Accountant will play a key role within the team responsible for managing and producing the Group’s internal and external financial reporting and management information. The workload will be varied and challenging and will include significant exposure to the CFO and the Group’s Finance Leadership Team alongside the requirement to build close relationships with the Group’s divisional finance teams within the three business operating segments. The role would suit a proactive and career driven person, looking to build a career within a varied, progressive organisation.
Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Making a key contribution to the preparation of the financial elements of the external Annual Report, Half Year Report and News Release
- Supporting the Group’s response and implementation of the BEIS 'White Paper’ proposals, specifically in areas such as Internal Controls Attestation and Audit & Assurance Policy
- IFRS2 share scheme accounting oversight for the Group’s PSP and ESOP schemes
- Oversight of IFRS16 compliance across the Group
- Preparing internal management reporting (actuals, forecasts and plans) for the senior management team
- Providing ad hoc financial support and analysis to the business, primarily for the CEO and CFO
- Assessing the impact of changes in accounting standards and ensuring correct implementation across the Group. Including training and briefing Divisional Finance Directors.
- Supporting the external audit process and building and managing strong relationships with Deloitte, the Group’s auditors.
- Supporting acquisition related accounting when applicable as a result of acquisitions made by the Group, including involvement in the integration project
- Other projects and investigations as required to help meet departmental objectives
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified
- Be able to build strong, international relationships and demonstrate the ability to partner with and advise the business
- Have a background in / or have had significant exposure to external audit
- Preparation or audit of Annual Reports under IFRS
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including IFRS
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'