Grounds Maintenance Operative
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Standford Hill, ME12 4AA
Salary: £20K - £23.5K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Who are we?
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff.
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England. But we’re growing fast.
It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company - and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career - or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment. Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer?
Amongst the many benefits, you’ll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us. Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services. As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously. That’s why a core value is 'Everyone goes home safe’.
We are seeking a Grounds Maintenance Operative to assume responsibility for:
- Maintenance of the establishment’s grounds and amenity areas which will include lawns, ponds, water features and external grounds.
- Carrying out soft landscaping - turf laying and hard landscaping - laying patio stones.
- To work inside / outside establishment grounds: cutting, moving and maintaining areas.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar grounds’ maintenance role.
- Full driving license preferably with D1.
- A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 qualification in horticulture of a recognised horticultural industry equivalent.
- Holding of PA2 and PA6 pesticide qualifications would be an advantage.
- Fork Lift Truck Certificate
- HGV Licence is desirable but not essential
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we’ll be in touch?
No agencies please.
- Facilities Management
- Property Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'