My client, a long established and expanding manufacturing facility are seeking an experienced Grinding/Lapping Operator
New positions has arisen and they are looking for a self-motivated individual to join their fast paced environment.
Sets up and operates manual machines to perform Lapping and Grinding operations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read process sheets, Drawings, and sketches of part to determine Lapping and Grinding to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
- Interpret work instructions, SOPs and Route Cards
- Identify, select and install proper tooling for operations being performed.
- Calculate proper feeds and speeds for a variety of steel grades, copper, brass, aluminum and bronze
- Intuitively understand capabilities of tooling and machinery.
- Understand applicable quality systems and perform necessary quality inspections.
- Apply principles of Lean Manufacturing to reduced setup times and improve productivity.
- Visually inspect to Light Band, Flatness and Surface Finish Standards for final components.
- Uses precision measuring instruments & gauging devices, and performs various quality inspection type procedures to include dimensional verification.
- Assumes responsibility for quality and functionality.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Seek out and identify Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities
- Employee must be able to set up all necessary measuring equipment and routinely check the calibration of the equipment while measuring.
- Create and maintain a team focused work environment.
- Responsible for TPM, general housekeeping and 5s standards in working area.
- Support "Best Practices" to achieve company goals for safety, delivery, cost and quality.
- Ability to work Day shift.
- Inspires and motivates others around them
- Encourages and facilitates change
- Promotes diversity of ideas
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
- Customer focused
- Constantly displays integrity and respect
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
- Maintain a positive attitude in order to positively influence the process improvement activities throughout the organisation
- The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Willing to engage within a lean-manufacturing work environment.
- Requires knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Have experience in a Surface and Cylindrical Grinding discipline and ideally Lapping
- Have a relevant Health and Safety awareness
- Previous experience in similar industry is preferable
- Experience working with Lapmaster and Lumsden Grinder would be beneficial but not essential
- Must be self-motivated and possess facilitation skills to be used in a team setting.
- Prior experience with precision inspection equipment including, but not limited to, Light bands, Surface finishing, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and bore gauges.
- Proven ability to hold tight Grinding tolerances of less than .4 RA
- HNC Engineering desirable but not essential
The company will offer a very competitive salary based on experience and this role is working a permanent day shift Mon-Fri.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'