Our client seek employees who want to work for a different type of company. We strive to achieve our joint goals and objectives and every individual makes a contribution to the success of our employee owned business. Good organisational skills, IT and interpersonal skills would be an advantage. The role requires an individual with energy, self-motivation and who is a team player.
Main Team Purpose:
The Marketing team ensures we promote the company, people and products within and outside of our market sectors. The team is responsible for promotion, website content, social media, technical support, exhibitions, pricing and advertising.
Qualifications or previous experience which meets the specification of the role would be an advantage, as would a background knowledge of Laboratory Products and Equipment, although training will be provided and the right candidate would be considered for a trainee position.
Main Job Purpose
To enable the profitable increase in sales of key product lines through catalogue, web and media promotion, whilst making continuous improvements to the product portfolio to ensure the greatest return, exposure and benefit to the company.
To ensure total customer satisfaction for the assigned product portfolios, through the provision of product information, technical support, social media content, advertising and marketing materials.
The successful applicant will be expected to drive the sales through a variety of channels including our UK sales force, export department and international distributors. Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are essential to working well across departments and with our international suppliers and partners.
• Development of new business by managing assigned product ranges and the addition of new product lines from existing and new suppliers.
• Specifically working with the Business Development and Technical Director to increase sales of our manufactured products portfolio including exploitation of our Intellectual property in all market sectors.
• Provide Technical Support and cover as required.
• Carry out sales and dealer visits and attend trade shows as required.
• Administer product entry and/or product changes on to websites.
• Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquires in a helpful, timely and professional manner.
• Provide and maintain appropriate sales channels via promotions, social media, offers and new product introductions.
• Assist in the structuring and implementation of targeted campaigns, with follow up and dissemination of feedback.
• Liaise with suppliers and other agents as required.
• Complete and maintain accurate records.
Math’s and English GCSE’s are essential (or equivalent)
Degree in chemistry e.g. Chemical Industry or Chemical Science.
Previous sales, web, marketing or general business qualifications and/ or experience would be an advantage for the Product Manager position
Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
Previous experience in a laboratory discipline would be an advantage
Skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Quark express, Photoshop or Illustrator would be an advantage
Familiarity with SAP Business One would be an advantage
It would be beneficial if the candidate can speak a foreign language
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job