This leading independent UK based, global distributor and supplier of bulk chemicals is looking for a Graduate Account Manager to join their commercially-intensive, yet friendly and expanding Solvents business unit based in Cheshire.
As Graduate Account Manager, you will manage a set of key accounts in the North of England; building and maintaining lasting customer relationships and looking to grow the current customer portfolio.
The ideal candidate will need to be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take pride in the day to day smooth running of their area. A typical day will involve dealing with customer enquiries relating to products, orders and pricing (by email/phone) undertaking face to face business to business meetings in order to promote our range of products. We are also looking for someone that can be creative and imaginative when providing solutions and do everything possible to ensure customer satisfaction and grow our business.
The role offers a great deal of freedom and autonomy to make decisions and the chance to constantly develop and utilise expertise; by developing an intimate knowledge of customers and the chemical industry AND by comprehensively promoting company product ranges and services. The role also offers the chance to be proactive and develop new business, taking ownership of opportunities that will prove lucrative and rewarding from start to finish.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the Company's product range to all current and prospective customers in the North of England, mainly along the M62 corridor
- Be constantly looking for new customers where they can sell new and existing products.
- Promptly dealing with customer enquiries, orders and pricing queries
- Manage and update the CRM customer database system
- Arrange and plan customer visits; produce visit reports
- Be well organised and maximise the potential in the sales area
- Prepare quotations/respond to price requests/respond to sample and information requests rapidly and comprehensively to create best customer impression.
- Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and performance targets.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Chemistry or a Chemical Engineering/'related Degree
- Previous experience in a field based sales role would be benificial
- Experience in the Chemicals sector is required
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Strong commercial acumen
- Desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent planning, organisation and problem solving skills
- Good presentation, written and communication skills
- Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package including Company car, mobile phone and laptop device after successful training period. Generous employer contribution pension scheme, basic level Medicash plan and child care vouchers.
- Location: Must reside within easy reach of the M62 corridor
- Permanent / Full-time
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
At Key Appointments, we will confirm receipt of your CV by email within 2 working days. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and would be more than happy to consider you for future advertised roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job