Role Title: Goods-In Team Member
Assignment: Temp to Perm
Hours of Work: 6-2 / 2 - 10 rotating
To receive incoming goods, inspect in accordance with our clients Quality Management System, update stock control system, identify and safely put goods away in the correct location.
The main duties include:-
- Promptly off-load deliveries in a safe manner via overhead crane/FLT or hand, ensuring delivery paperwork corresponds with the goods being received.
- Accurately inspect deliveries in line with our clients Quality Management System paying particular attention to the correct documentation, quality and quantity of item being received.
- Promptly identify, check, put away/scrap customer returns and report via Movex.
- Regularly remove scrap materials from production cells and co-ordinate with purchasing the sale of scrap materials.
- Assist in bi-annual stock-takes and undertake periodical counts when necessary.
- Adhere to all quality procedures, paying particular attention to material grades.
- Ensure that high standards of house keeping are maintained at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all personal obligations under health and safety legislation and company health and safety procedures.
- Provide cover in factory dispatch and production areas where required
- Maintain the rear yard to ensure things are in order and in the correct place
- Monitor pallet stock levels and re-order as and when required
- Stock up production pallet and box areas
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be necessary for the efficient running of the business.
It is essential that the individual has the following:-
- Experience of a busy dispatch / warehouse department in a factory
- Must be numerate and literate
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Clear understanding of Health and Safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and meet deadlines
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Has a valid FLT Counterbalance license
- Can use basic measuring equipment
It is desirable that the individual has the following:-
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- An understanding of quality control procedures
- Extensive goods in experience
- Computer literate
- Experience working with stainless steels
Keywords: Goods in, Goods in team member
Contact Details : If you would like to apply please call Jonny on or e-mail your CV to
jonny @vital-people .co .uk
We are our client`s exclusive recruitment supplier and are delighted to be recruiting for this position.
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a formal interview at our Chester or Manchester office, to enable us to carry out a thorough assessment on behalf of our employer clients.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
- Goods in
- Goods in team member
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job