Are you an experienced MCIPS Procurement Practitioner with the knowledge of category management processes and supplier relationship management tools and techniques?
Do you have proven experience of leading and developing cross functional project teams paired with change management experience?
Are you looking to work for a global organisation that makes a difference?
Come and join our dynamic procurement team at Envigo, Huntingdon!
As a Global Category Manager at Envigo you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of spend categories by developing short, medium and long term procurement strategies to maximise leverage through effective prioritisation of categories within the portfolio and close collaboration with business partners. We need somebody that can develop and present category management strategies that guide resources and the application of different procurement tactics to generate sustained value as well as building effective supplier and business partner relationships across the most strategic and critical spend areas implementing supplier relationship management governance strategies that generate and sustain the most value.
- Own the category planning cycle for a portfolio of spend categories to deliver in year and long term commercial targets aligned to the business operating plans.
- Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships and networks with business partners and suppliers to deliver financial benefit through strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deliver category management strategies for long term breakthrough value: achieving competitive advantage through cost reduction, quality, compliance, sustainability, risk mitigation and innovation from existing and new suppliers.
- Address advanced procurement methods (such as gain sharing, reduced supplier cost to serve, different inputs or services) by sharing documented category intelligence to improve the results of strategic sourcing.
- Identify strategic suppliers through segmentation of spend on the basis of risk, criticality and volume of spend and develop balanced scorecards ensuring the effective allocation of resources to derive value.
- Establish roles and responsibilities for Supplier Governance to improve the alignment of supplier agreements with business partner objectives.
- Develop continuous improvement plans with strategic suppliers to accelerate the development of supplier capabilities through collaboration, increasing value and pursuing cost further reduction.
- Undertake thorough contract reviews of existing agreements identifying opportunities to make in-life savings.
- Experienced procurement practitioner with the knowledge of category management processes and supplier relationship management tools and techniques.
- Experience of leading and developing own or cross functional project teams. Change management experience is essential, with the ability to influence key business partners.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills to assess risk, review future strategies and identify potential cost reduction and improvement opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills assessing competitor activities and actioned focused to capitalise on identified opportunities.
- Thinks differently, challenging conventional thinking to create the future and overcome barriers.
- Takes commitment seriously and does what they say they will do whilst holding others to account.
- Builds relationships and partnerships underpinned by openness, honesty and respect.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'