GIS Analyst required to join a leading consultancy for a minimum 24 weeks contract to provide support to several high-profile projects including HS2.
Successful candidate will be skilled in database development, spatial analysis, data processing and management, and able to create many detailed mapped outputs, to a challenging programme. Contract potentially extendable.
The position will involve liaison with staff from various technical disciplines to provide GIS support, such as spatial analysis, digitisation, data editing, production of maps and other information outputs. Key responsibilities will also include data management, working with information in an enterprise GIS system and developing processes to create bespoke analysis solutions. The role will require a methodical approach to work, with a good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in working to required standards.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Full Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS v10.3 and up
- Working knowledge of Map production, including digitising, editing, data driven pages, working with annotation layers and definition queries.
- Proven experience in applying a wide range of data analysis techniques within ArcGIS, Excel, Access, SQL, FME
- Working experience of writing and processing FME workspaces
- Good communication skills, methodical, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Higher education in GIS preferable, with additional training courses in ESRI ArcGIS and FME
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- A good understanding of spatial data processing, analysis and visualization
- Database development, editing and analysis
- Experience of automation and analysis of spatial data using scripting languages such as Python and SQL
- Knowledge and skills in developing and administering a SharePoint system
- Experience of proprietary GIS systems and web application technology
- Knowledge of creating dashboard applications
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"