Full Time - Fixed Term Contract (7 month FTC)
Band 5/6 Salary (depending on experience)
Our excellent Private Hospital is looking to recruit a General Radiographer into our state of the art Radiology Department. Our hospital is a vibrant place to work with modern facilities.
The post will consist of predominately general X-Ray, however on occasion you may have the chance to work on other modalities. The responsibilities of the post include:
- Provision of a professional and fully competent diagnostic radiography service to clients across general x-ray and other modalities, as appropriate and throughout the hospital facility
- Greeting clients in a polite and respectful manner and promoting their sense of dignity at all times
- Communicating effectively with patients and carers to ensure understanding of the screening process.
- Utilising professional skills and knowledge to assess suitability of client to comply with the intended examination; adapting radiographic techniques if required and assisting the Lead Radiographer with development of local protocols.
- Checking client details prior to examination and ensuring details are present on all relevant documentation and that all written documentation is accurate and legible.
- Ensuring the client receives appropriate documented information for planned examination
- Demonstrating dexterity, precision and co-ordination in positioning client for examination.
- Carrying out all necessary safety checks prior to radiation exposure.
- Producing high quality radiographic images within agreed appointment times whilst also ensuring a positive and unhurried experience for the client.
- Responding to any questions or concerns from patient, relatives and visitors, professionally, knowledgeably and with confidence.
- Adherence to all professional codes of conduct and to best practice guidance and legislation relating to radiography equipment and exposure
- Flexibility to meet service demand, ensuring best experience for patients; best use of resources and minimal scheduling down time.
The hours will be full time with participation in appropriate duties out of hours, as part of flexible roster patterns, as required.
- Diploma/Degree in Radiography.
- HCPC Registered.
- Evidence of relevant courses/CPD.
- Minimum of one year's post qualification Radiography experience across relevant modalities.
- Experience of working as part of a Radiography team and/or Multidisciplinary team.
- Ideally you will have paediatric experience as well as adults, however this is not essential
We will pay you a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package. To apply for this position please email your CV to or call .