to ensure the buildings and fabric of the buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard.
- Carry our general repairs in response to reports received or from observation of disrepair including fixing plumbing leaks and pipework, replacing gutters and roof tiles, repairs to seals and replacement of bulbs, carpentry.
- Ensure fault cards are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner
- Plan and carry out preventative maintenance to ensure the buildings are kept in good condition
- Operate, monitor and maintain boilers and heating systems, ensuring oil supplies are replenished and temperate controls are optimised
- Ensure grounds, gardens, boundaries, tubs, baskets, borders, paths, car park, tennis court, football pitch, gravel areas are maintained to a high standard
- Clearance of rubbish, leaves and other debris from around the grounds
- Plant bulbs and flowers
- Drive the centre's van for collection and deliveries. Ensure it is maintained mechanically, kept in a clean condition and operated in accordance with all legal and safety requirements
- Assist and support the Mobile Maintenance team in the delivery of major strategic building projects
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety regulations, RIDDOR and risk assessments
- Ensure compliance with current legislation, manufactures guidelines and current good practice, including accurate record keeping.
- self motivated and able to work using own initiative
- Prioritise workload
- Know when to escalate problems and take ownership
- Work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to undertake other duties when required
- Competent in one or more building trades
- Competent in grounds maintenance / or horticultural
- Positive, customer service approach
- At least 2 years experience in one or more general maintenance tasks
- Relevant Health and Safety and legal compliance
- Experience in grounds maintenance
- Polite and courteous at all times - working with the general public
Education / Qualifications
- Recognised qualification (City and Guilds or NVQ) in building trade or horticultural is desirable
- Current full clean UK driving licence
- Physically fit, climbing ladders, working at heights and occasional heavy lifting
The position is full time, 40 hours per week which includes 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break per day. Requires participation in the on call duty rota and response to emergencies. Must be flexible in line with seasonal demands which may include some early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job