Daily Gardener Job - Nr Ripon North Yorkshire - full-time or part-time considered (3 days per week min) - start early 2024 - £30,000+ GPA depending on experience
Our client is looking for an experienced Gardener to take on an exciting role looking after a Garden on a private estate near Ripon. This is a rare opportunity for a full-time or part-time Gardener in Charge to manage and oversee a well-known 18th century walled garden and grounds with a team of volunteers and occasional paid help.
The garden is open to the public but will a small footfall of knowledgeable visitors.
The main garden is a 2.5 acre walled garden which is home to a wide range of rare and usual plants and is a rare example of an 18th century "Paradise Garden". The gardener needs to have excellent plant knowledge (qualified or unqualified considered) and experienced with growing a wide range of plants including fruit and vegetables.
This role could be part-time or full-time depending on the candidate but it would need to be a min 3 day week.
Duties will include:
- Hands on gardening, planting, growing, pruning
- Maintaining the walled garden and having excellent plant knowledge
- Managing and coordinating volunteers
- Working at height and handling garden machinery and keeping equipment well maintained
- General maintenance gardening around the wider estate
- Being flexible to assist with general maintenance jobs both inside and out
- Occasionally taking visitors on tours of the garden
- Excellent plant knowledge
- Basic propagation knowledge
- Good pest identification skills
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations
- Candidates to be in possession of Spraying and Chainsaw Certificates
- Full driving license
- Ideally to have 5-10 years experience in a professional Gardening role
- Have good interpersonal and organisational skills
Start early 2024 (Jan / Feb)
£30,000+ GPA for full-time depending on experience (part-time pro-rata)
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'