Gandys - Exciting New Store Openings in London - Manager & Assistant Manager Roles
Founders of the Gandys brand are brothers Rob & Paul, who came from a bohemian upbringing - travelling and volunteering all over the World. Driven by their personal passion after the tragic loss of their parents in the 2004 boxing day Tsunami - Rob & Paul developed Gandys with the vision to fund their charitable foundation; 'Orphans for Orphans’ which enabled them most recently to build a children’s home in memory of their parents. The brothers live by a simple philosophy, which is strongly reflected in the brand, Designed in London, Inspired by Travel, Fuelled by giving back. Gandys began in 2012 in the Brothers bedroom in Brixton as a social enterprise selling only flip flops, in 2016 Gandys has grown into a full lifestyle brand with stores opening all over the UK whilst still boasting collaborations with Liberty of London, John Lewis, and The Rolling Stones.
The demand for Gandys has grown significantly over the last 12 months after expanding into new products including new apparel, so to keep up with this demand, we are currently opening stores all over the UK. We need hard working, personable, reliable and resourceful Store Managers to join our team and the Gandys journey to give our customers a direct Gandys experience. Our quirky, travel inspired stores are being received incredibly well, and with coverage from Vogue, GQ, Cosmopolitan, and Grazia this summer, Gandys is going to explode in London. You will be an ambassador for Gandys and you’ll be expected to maintain our brand’s standing, along with the expectations of customers who come to the store. This is a really exciting time for us, and we now have the opportunity to show our Customers the Gandys vision in person for the first time, so we need the absolute best people to represent us.
Explore the role
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets and controlling operational expenses
- Managing every aspect of the store to ensure that customers are given the best Gandys experience
- Leading the execution of effective and efficient store operations
- Delivering and maintaining Gandys Visual Merchandising standards
- Overseeing the execution of all marketing and promotional campaigns
- Taking ownership of their store and allocating resources and organising processes to drive profitability due to effect from all variables.
- Has a good knowledge of the Profit and Loss Statement and the store KPIs and makes commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment
- Tracks store performance data (e.g., sales, KPI’s, best sellers, space management) and responds with solutions that drive commercial success at the same time keeping with Gandys brand positioning
- Having a complete understanding of the store figures/patterns to help understand areas of concern and make the necessary changes to resolve
- Regularly reviewing customer experience feedback to drive continuous improvement
- Leads service by example and ensures exemplary customer service management at all times
- Creates and maintains a culture where store activity are vehicles for showcasing and driving Brand values
- Ensures Brand and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills where applicable
- Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by ensuring visual merchandising and housekeeping standards are maintained consistently throughout the store to an impeccable level
- Ensures store team compliance with all store policies and procedures at all times
- Ensures that regular improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures to keep all available SKU’s visible at all times
- Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
- Communicates suggestions and ideas on ways to improve systems and processes
- Manages the recruitment process. Hires 'flagship store calibre staff’ with passion for the Brand and travel
- Issues training and development of the store team and ensures all HR policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Builds a highly motivated and engaged team with inspiring team spirit
- Identifies strong performers with potential for growth along the Retail Field Career Ladder
- Creates a high performance culture in their store by setting clear expectations and targets, clearly showing team performance,
- Holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback, including actively managing poor performance by implementing and monitoring KPI’s
- Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their individual performance
- Regularly shares best practices to drive District team performance
What do I need to join this journey?
This is a really exciting time for us, as we now have the opportunity to show our Customers the Gandys vision in person for the first time, so we need the absolute best people to represent us.
- Minimum of 18 months experience in a Retail store management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Appreciation of the Gandys brand and values
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes
- Be self-motivated and organised
Some of the benefits:
- Staff Socials -Could be a weekend in Cornwall enjoying Kayaking and many other activities, a festival, a theme park, bowling and drinks etc
- Generous Clothing & Product Allowance
- Hands on training and the opportunity to take on exciting projects of importance
- The satisfaction of knowing you are playing a part in building children’s homes
- Playing a part in a small company, where everything you do is noticed and matters
- Work with a dynamic and skilled team to bring out the best in you
- Progression as we like to promote from within
Gandys is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'