Our funeral services play an important role in local communities, extending beyond the immediate needs of arranging funeral services, and supporting the bereaved at a very emotional time in their life.
As a Funeral Assistant you’ll take responsibility for the deceased whilst they’re in our care. You’ll assist in the running of the funeral, from the collection, transportation and preparation of the deceased, through to driving our vehicles and acting as a bearer at funeral services.
Please note the services you will provide to the Company will be on a casual basis from time to time, when the need arises and your name will be added to our list of casual/bank workers.
If you take pride in what you do, and are passionate about helping people, we’ll support you in your career development and train you to become qualified in funeral operations and services.
- In this physically demanding role you’ll collect the deceased and take them to rest at one of our funeral homes. In some cases when collecting the deceased there may be challenging locations and circumstances
- Drive our vehicles with pride and care, whilst maintaining our fleet, ensuring they are in a pristine condition for each funeral
- Help to dress and prepare the deceased, including preparing for viewing and placing the deceased into the coffin or casket dressed
- Ensure that premises are cleaned to the required standard
- Act as a bearer on all types of funerals and removals
- Support our local communities, building strong relationships, whilst acting as a trusted ambassador for our funeral care services
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- You’ll be lifting and carrying the deceased in a range of environments, so you’ll need to be physically fit to do this
- High attention to detail, understanding that we only get one opportunity to deliver a funeral tribute
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Empathetic with a caring nature
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- We operate an on-call service, so you’ll need to be able to work your hours flexibly, including providing cover for holidays, sickness and busy periods
- Full driving licence
It’s a big responsibility when arranging funeral services, and one that should never be treated lightly. It’s tough, and calls for a high level of understanding, empathy and compassion. That said, this is a truly rewarding role and our team are extremely passionate about providing quality and the best service for our families.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job