A career that's life-changing
Family Functional Therapy Supervisor Location - Covering Ayrshire
Salary - Circa £40,000 - 37hrs per week
Please note interviews will take place 12/13th November
Are you a naturally empathetic, focused and passionate about changing the lives of children and their families throughout Scotland for the better? We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Family Functional Therapy Supervisor to join our team in the Glasgow area. This is an exciting and rewarding role with the opportunity to make a huge personal impact.
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 301,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
The Functional Family Therapy Team will provide weekly one-hour, home-based family therapy sessions to clients and will utilise the Functional Family Therapy model with families with teenagers at risk of care or custody between the ages of 11 and 18.
You will work towards the agreed goals of the commissioned service whilst providing effective and supportive line management and weekly supervision to a team of Functional Family Therapist (FFT.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By Leading the FFT service and develop service plans to ensure that the needs of young people referred to the service are met
- By Managing the performance of the service so that the strategic aims of Action for children and partner local authorities and trusts are achieved with regard to delivery of FFT as an evidence-based programme
- By contributing to leading on the development of higher standards of evidence underpinning Action for Children services to vulnerable children and young people through collaborative work with the practice Improvement department
- By working in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of a good multi-agency service and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with those key stakeholders.
- By line managing FFT therapists and take responsibility for ensuring FFT therapists adhere to FFT principles and FFT analytic processes.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent experience, you will be required to carry a caseload of around 10, providing services anywhere from 12 to 24 weeks but always in strict accordance with the programme manual issued by Functional Family Therapy. This position requires flexibility in hours to meet families when they are available and will require good analytical and organisation skills which enable you to work in a constantly changing environment where work priorities and targets may change.
You will be committed to Action for Children's defining statement, "keeping the child at the centre," and promoting our participation standards in your work.
When you join Action for Children, you will be joining a collaborative, diverse and supportive team of like-minded-individuals, every one of them as passionate as you are. We want all of our employees to feel valued and well rewarded for the vital work they do.
When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts:
- By paying you a competitive salary and a generous paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- By supporting you and welcoming new additions to your family - flexible?maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- By giving you a pension -?we have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions which includes a death in service benefit.
- By providing excellent learning and development opportunities and all the support you need to thrive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful long term career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
- Family Functional Therapy Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'