Full Time SEN SEBD Teacher - Croydon KS3-FE
To teach pupils with Social Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties and additional Complex Needs / Special Educational Needs, to help them to achieve outstanding outcomes, and to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Head Teacher.
The pupils will have a range of ages and abilities and a wide range of educational, emotional and social needs. All will have experienced failure at some point in their lives; they may lack confidence and motivation and some will be delayed in basic skills.
It is the task of the Teacher to work towards overcoming these difficulties and to facilitate all young people achieving educationally to their full potential.
- To implement the curriculum in accordance with the school's philosophy and policies.
- To teach groups of pupils in all areas of the school as directed and required.
- To make an initial assessment of core subjects for each new arrival and to reassess within statutory time scales or as needed for compilation of reports for reviews and conferences.
- To develop an Individual Education Plan, Behaviour Support Plan, Risk Assessment for each of the pupils to meet their individual needs according to their Statements of Special Educational Need.
- To teach the designated range of subjects using a highly differentiated approach to ensure that all young people receive access to the full range of the National Curriculum.
- To communicate to pupils clear teaching objectives and deliver these objectives, while understanding the sequence of teaching and learning.
- To develop and maintain clear and detailed records and to monitor and assess the progress of individual pupils.
- To produce education plans, and forecasts, together with weekly planning as in the Curriculum Policy.
- To lead on teaching and learning within school in specific areas as designated by the Senior Teacher.
- To ensure Schemes of Work and subject policies are up to date and regularly reviewed.
- To write reports and attend meetings as required.
- To display a total commitment to the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To maintain the educational, physical, emotional and social care of the young people
- To line manage teaching assistants in the class team.
- To work closely with parents and all professionals including therapists, carers and social workers, to ensure delivery of a multidisciplinary approach.
- To promote liaison with other educational establishments and agencies (e.g. Education Social Workers and Education Psychologists) including neighbouring schools to facilitate integration into those establishments if appropriate
- To develop and maintain good relationships with the local community.
- To be familiar with relevant whole school policies and implement within school.
- To ensure that all discriminatory practices are challenged at all times to ensure that all young people are able to achieve to the best of their ability.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Hannah on 0208-433-6938 or email your CV to TODAY!
- SEND Teacher QTS PCGE Full Time Teaching Position Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job