Are you an experienced Front Line Manager with experience working within the Chemical Industry? Are you looking for a new role as part of the managerial team of a market leading organisation?
With a turnover in excess of £1.5billion and over 2,500 staff globally, they are one of the market leaders in chemical manufacturing. They have 19 manufacturing sites across the world with the largest site situated here in the UK with a turnover in excess of £200m. The company is at the forefront of engineering excellence and has a significant continuous improvement mind-set throughout the business striving for operational excellence. With over 60 years in the industry, my client is a well-established chemical manufacturer who pride themselves on quality, innovation and exceptional technical support and are looking for an experienced Front Line Manager to join their team at the site in Bradford.
The primary function of the role is to manage the shift operations of a multi-purpose production plant, utilising resources allocated by the Production Shift Manager to deliver the short term production plan. Manage a team of chemical process operators on a shift by shift basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all products required are produced to the plan to the required quality and in the most efficient way
- To participate in the recruitment, training, development and motivation of plant personnel
- Ensure the shift operating team are utilised effectively
- Ensure all operations are carried out accordingly in line with quality procedures, in a cost effective way and most importantly in a safe manner
- Communicate with internal functions including supply chain, sales etc
- Participate in safety audits, LSC's, HAZOP's, COSHH and risk assessments
- Maintenance of accurate plant raw material and product inventory by means of a timely data input into ERP system.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all relevant areas
You will also be required to work on the continuous shift pattern, be involved in short, medium and long term projects simultaneously, also the FLM is required to be on call outside of their normal working hours under the terms of the 5 shift system.
The ideal candidate;
- A practical knowledge of the plants layout and operations allied to various recording functions gained through practical experience
- Ideally a graduate in Chemistry or Engineering discipline, NVQ III in Management or equivalent, ideally an A1 assessor
- Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills both verbally and written at all levels
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who is not only looking for a role within a market leader but also the chance to progress in a global company.
- Supervisory Experience
- Chemical Industry
- Front Line Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job