We're creating a brand new in-house development team – and we want you to join it.
Following in the steps of Argos, Sainsburys, Tescos, M & S – New Look’s transforming into a true digital company – we’d like you to help that happen.
Historically our development’s been outsourced – we’ve recognised the huge benefit of an in-house team so we’re now looking for a Front End developer to join our Hybris team.
If you’ve ever wanted to have the freedom to join a whole new team from scratch, influencing what tools and processes to implement, having responsibility for our technical approach - then this is for you.
Retail is fast paced and exciting – and that applies to our development as well. We work hard and play hard in an environment where proactive and energetic teams thrive. We will put you in a position to be able build a world class team capable of writing and deploying an industry leading eCommerce platform.
Ideally you'll have experience of:
• Proficient understanding of web languages, including HTML5 & CSS3
• Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and/or LESS
• Proficient understanding of Responsive Design, Grid systems and/or CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc…)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages (JSP and/or PHP)
• Good understanding of Web Accessibility
• Good understanding of libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, Bower, etc.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
• Experience of working with MVC frameworks.
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes, what more could you want?