Salary: £20,874 - £24,210 per annum (FTE) - £10,437 - £12,105 pro rata
Location: Chelmsford / Brentwood ACL Centres
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Interviews likely to take place on the week commencing 26th February 2018.
Part time tutor required to plan, prepare, teach and assess a variety of French courses at all levels. There will be opportunities for input into the future development of the curriculum.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Prepare and deliver courses at all levels following ACL guidelines by following RARPA processes
- Comply with Adult Community Learning (ACL) CPD and mandatory training
- Support the Curriculum coordinators on the development of the courses
- Work at least one evening per week and some Saturdays depending on curriculum demand
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Subject specific qualification or relevant experience
- DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent
- A good knowledge of the RARPA process
- Level 2 English and maths qualification
- Good ICT skills
- Commitment to continued professional development within the ACL Service
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A teachers pension
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.