A prestigious Powertrain Engineering Consultancy have an exciting opportunity for an FPGA Design Engineer to join their team based in Milton Keynes. You will be employed on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
They are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, they create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger
The Software team is moving from a prototype driven environment to a production code development method. They are not afraid of changing how they work and what they do to deliver better software.
As an FPGA Design Engineer you will have strong knowledge of design, development and verification of modules and complete systems in FPGAs, working from first principles with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electronic components.
You will join a small, agile team of skilled engineers working at a high technical level and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of truly innovative high-profile technologies such as passenger car hybrid control applications encompassing design and development (concept to production).
Key Responsibilities of a FPGA Design Engineer;
- Specification and development of component interfaces internal and external to the FPGA
- Design and verification of RTL modules interfacing to real world signals and auto generated Simulink code
- Develop automated regression testing of individual modules and full systems including models of external components
- Participating / contributing to circuit design reviews of electronics projects containing FPGAs
- Managing / coordinating engineering changes in Jira and HG source control
- Debugging complex systems where FPGAs interact with a multitude of analogue and digital components
- The successful FPGA Design Engineer will ideally be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering.
- You will have experience with Xilinx FPGAs and a proven track record of successfully bringing products to market.
- You will have knowledge of standard busses like SPI, UART and interfacing to external components like Flash memory and ADCs.
- You may have experience using Xilinx Vivado for synthesis and simulation using VHDL as a language to implement RTL modules and test benches.
- You may have some experience in using PCB CAD software (preferably Altium) to perform design reviews in both schematic and layout. Knowledge in Verilog or Modelsim is also beneficial, as are skills in TCL, embedded C and Python.
- Ongoing personal development
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as FPGA Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!