As the Import/Export Controller, you will be responsible for managing international shipments and providing support for many steps of the transportation process, with customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients. You will be based in the warehouse and be on hand to ensure all documentation adheres to import-export policies and laws. You'll be reporting in to the supply chain manager.
* Ensure goods are dispatched on time, accurately and packed to ensure there's no damage in transport.
* Import and export compliance.
* 5s of Dispatch Areas.
* Control Company Waste Recycling suppliers.
* Supporting sales / service in expediting units and parts.
* Main Forklift driver.
* Conducting daily production meetings.
* Arranging Collections of instruments.
* Quoting carriage costs.
Key Skills/Qualifications required:-
* Must have an FLT license
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively, unsupervised.
* Strong teamwork capability, supporting others when required.
* Ability to report to all levels of business
* Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
* A good knowledge of import-export policies and laws is desirable.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.