Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
- Responsible for the maintenance of UKAS accreditation (and other accreditations where appropriate) for the Food Microbiology Laboratories (ISO 17025) listed above. Ensure that the requirements of UKAS, business and customers are met within the scope of the accredited laboratory.
- To attend external audits by UKAS, other regulatory bodies and customers and to ensure that corrective actions are completed and submitted to the relevant body within the timescale required
- Report up to Head of Quality & Technical and Group Microbiology Quality Manager, without delay, any issues affecting quality in the laboratories.
- Support the individual departments/site with preparation of validation plans and reports, procedures and other documentation and submissions for Extension to Scope.
- Ensure that the Quality Manual and associated procedures and documents, including laboratory methods are maintained up to date, reflect current practice and group objectives for the relevant accreditations. Amendment and re-issue of all documentation as necessary
- Lead internal auditing to ensure it is carried out effectively and in accordance with audit plans
- Monitor nonconformities raised, ensure timely and effective corrective actions. Escalate progress on nonconformities and corrective actions to Site Managers in a timely manner
- Responsible for annual Quality Management Reviews and Monthly Quality Meetings with Laboratory Management in the relevant areas ensuring that outcomes are effectively managed and progressed
- Train laboratory staff in quality inductions, ISO17025, relevant retailer requirements and auditing where applicable
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of non-conforming work
- Review overall performance in Internal and External QA of the laboratories and along with senior staff, initiate and support with investigations into failures, trend and bias to establish root cause, impact on customer results and the implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Chair regular Quality Meetings with key staff to ensure high performance is maintained in key Quality metrics.
- To liaise with 3rd party suppliers on relevant areas i.e. calibration supplier
- Delivery of continuous improvement in laboratory processes, customer service, quality, safety, etc. with a key focus on efficiency, cost and timeliness
- Assess key operational risks and take action to mitigate them
- Build relationships with laboratory staff; engage laboratory staff in the purpose, their responsibilities and use of the quality system; consult and communicate change to staff
- Attendance at Departmental Quality Meetings as required - these maybe held on site where you are based or other Eurofins sites across the UK
- To assist in maintaining accreditation at other Eurofins sites and any other duties necessary to ensure the quality of results and service to the customers as designated by the Head of Quality
- Work closely with the Food Chemistry and Water Microbiology Quality Manager to ensure that all aspects of the quality system are maintained.
- Deputising for the Group Quality Manager as required.
- Provide monthly Quality KPI report to the General Manager, Head of Quality & Technical and Group Microbiology Quality Manager
- Degree microbiology or related discipline and relevant experience of quality systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Food Microbiology laboratories accredited to ISO17025
- 2 years experience working within a Quality role in a Laboratory
- Experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory
- Good IT skills, word, excel, LIMS & pivot tables.
- Good auditing skills e.g. inquisitive, focused
- Must have a 'can do’ attitude and be able to deliver change through people management skills.
- Proven track record in people management responsibilities, in particular with technical staff.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
- Quality Management
- Quality System
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'