Our busy an expanding client is looking for a Forklift Maintenance Engineer. The job role consists of assisting in the inspection, maintenance and repair of forklifts in the outskirts of Newmarket, Suffolk.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 20.30pm
Salary: 20,000 to 35,000 (Dependent on experience)
Duties involved are:
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring on Combi’s.
- Liaise closely with the Workshop Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times.
- Make safety inspections of tools and equipment.
- Diagnose faults and repair machines.
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime.
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment.
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology.
- Good mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic skills.
- Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements, including simplex, duplex, chain, belt, gearboxes and transmission equipment.
- Experience of heavy forklifts, side loaders and multidirectional forklifts.
- Cover breakdowns on Lorries.
- Make sure that work sheets are given on handover of shift.
- You must have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, working under pressure and using your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team.
- Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills are required, along with good written and verbal communications.
The right candidate must:
- Have a valid UK driving license
- Have experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Comply with all current health and safety and environmental legislation together with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a tidy and safe workshop.
- Report on works carried out to workshop supervisors
- A forklift and MEWP licence would be desirable but not essential.
Benefits include: on site parking, 28 days holiday, extensive training and genuine scope for progression.
If this vacancy sounds of interest to you, then do not hesitate to contact Abbie at Crem Recruitment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job