We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Fleet Mechanic to inspect, service, test, repair and maintain any vehicle or plant item brought into the workshops for one of our local government clients based in Rochdale.
The Fleet Mechanic will assist in training the Apprentice in the vehicle maintenance section and participate in the provision of services within the Environmental Service Area to ensure all customers expectations are achieved within budget. The y will effectively diagnose defects and identify the most cost effective method of rectification appropriate to the relevant skill level.
They will carry out site servicing and roadside repairs as required appropriate to the relevant skill level and carry out MOT (class IV, V & VII) and Taxi-test duties to the highest possible standard and quality including completing all relevant paperwork and documentation.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a high grade mechanic in a fleet environment
- Demonstrable experience of ?servicing, maintaining and repairing a fleet of vehicles up to 3,500 kg GVW
- Experience of carrying out class 4 and 7 MOT tests
- Experience of Large Goods Vehicle Mechanics - Vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg GVW
- Experience and knowledge of servicing, maintaining and repairing vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg GVW
- Knowledge of preparing vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg GVW for annual goods vehicle testing to department of transport standards
- Preferably experience of maintaining and repairing specialist items of plant equipment.
Please apply for further information
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £13.18 per hour
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Fleet Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'