Your New Job Title: Fire Safety Project Manager
Company: Fexco Property Services
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, Monday - Friday (flexible working environment but must be available during core hours and for some evening meetings)
Are you a qualified Fire Safety Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking and progressive company? Then look no further!
We do things a bit differently!
There is no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy! Instead, we work with oodles of self-sufficient, autonomous teams across our group. Think of our regional offices as smaller, family-oriented business, but with the corporate benefits, training and support you will need to succeed!
About this Role:
This role will form part of an expanding health and safety department and will ensure that risks are controlled after properties fail their external wall surveys and remediation projects are completed promptly. Based from home the candidate will be comfortable working autonomously whilst visiting sites across the UK according to project and client needs.
Some Responsibilities and Goals you’ll own:
- Effective communications and dealings with Freeholders, Management Companies and Leaseholders to ensure a safe, fair and proportionate cladding remedial solution.
- Ensure the client appoints suitability competent people to manage remediation works.
- Assist the company and its clients in keeping accurate records during the course of the project.
- Able to convey technical and complex information in plain English with authority.
- Maintain, and transfer where appropriate, building safety information relevant to the construction, design, management and use of the building (Golden Thread and Building Safety Case).
- Assist the company and the clients with developing and delivering updates to residents and enforcement authorities during the remediation works.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the company and the teams involved with each building in scope.
- Remain up to date with relevant regulatory changes, approved codes of practice and guidance documents.
- Provide support with the group’s compliance risk management program through close liaison with the Health & Safety Compliance Lead.
- Work closely with other members of the health and safety team to deliver a professional, solutions focused and consistent service.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all other company departments to ensure health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to, and improved, as required.
- To build relationships with other key stakeholders within the group, and contractors, by providing feedback, meeting regularly and ensuring quality of work is in line with company and statutory requirements.
- Assist in preparing the group for incoming fire safety legislation.
- Communicate issues to the Group Health and Safety Manager for review on a regular basis.
- Promote and act in accordance with all company values, systems, policies and procedures.
This role will involve property visits and working with key stakeholders across the group; therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to other offices and properties, and the occasional overnight stay may be required, as well as out of normal office hours meetings.
Must Have Skills:
- An understanding of external wall systems and how they are being remediated since the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
- Awareness of political, regulatory, industry related and environmental developments which may impact on delivery and priorities as necessary
- Experienced in co-ordinating many construction projects at the same time. Ranging from small scale refurbishments to multi-million-pound schemes.
- Ensuring project outcomes maintain/enhance the buildings current fire strategy.
- Good working knowledge of HM Building Safety Fund, including management of information with the Building Safety Fund Portal.
- Extensive technical knowledge and the ability to comprehend complex issues with regards to fire safety in buildings at all stages of life cycle
- Ability to interrogate information from various sources and collate comprehensive reports
- Suitable knowledge and understanding of relevant and technical standards for building fire safety.
- Suitable knowledge and understanding of specific risks relevant to coordinating fire safety within high-rise buildings.
- Proficient in all MS office products.
- Capable of building good rapport, listening and communicating effectively to encourage the right outcomes.
- Flexible approach and adaptability to changing and demanding circumstances and commitment to achieving results.
- Demonstrate leadership in managing a wide range of diverse stakeholders, showing commercial awareness and a practical, solution focussed mindset.
- Eye from detail and desire to identify areas for improvement.
- Resilient and able to work effectively in pressurised environments.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of residential leasehold property management.
- Member of the IRPM/IOSH/RICS and or construction/fire related professional body.
- Fire Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'