My client based in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire is a family owned National Distributor of bearings, power transmissions and pneumatic components. Due to the retirement of the current Group Financial Director they are now looking to appoint for January 2018 an experienced part-time (two to three days per week) Financial Controller who will work closely with the new Group Financial Director and a small finance team.
- Assist in managing accounts staff and the supervision of day to day accounts processing.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Management Information and reporting pack including variance analysis and KPIs.
- Assist in the day to day cash flow management and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets.
- Assist in working capital management.
- Working with the commercial team, you will assist with commercial matters such as pricing, cost negotiation and project management.
- Assist in the management of import and export documentation and processes, currency exchange risk and overseas customers and suppliers.
- Assist in the overseeing of the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns
- Assist in the management of payroll processing, PAYE and Auto enrolment processes.
- Assist in the management of and developing IT, including financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
- Assist in the formulation of strategies to improve gross margin opportunities and cost reduction measures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial reports and liaising with the auditors.
- Assist in the management of Company Secretarial matters.
- Beyond the financial function, there will be more general management and administrative matters including Health and Safety.
Candidate Profile and range of experience
- Qualified/ Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 3 years at FC level in a similar business
- Knowledge of Microsoft GP would be helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics for accounts preparation.
- Experience of Sage Payroll for monthly wages.
- Import documentation and process and managing currency exchange
- Inventory management and distribution.
- Proven track record of performance reporting and producing management and statutory financial statements.
- Advanced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent system skills.
- Good staff management skills
- Financial Controller
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job