Based in Burgess Hill
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an excellent job opportunity for an Accountant to join a growing international SME business in the Burgess Hill area on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for managing all day to day financial administration, pensions and payroll activities for the group. You will also ensure all statutory accounting and reporting functions are fulfilled.
Your duties will include:
- Document, implement and operate financial controls as necessary and ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of financial controls to ensure that they remain appropriate at all times
- Working with budget holders to prepare the annual budget for approval from directors
- Control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy including preparing budgets in line with that strategy and monthly management accounts to show the performance against the budgets
- Monitor all payments to employees and ensure that all relevant regulations are being complied with
- Ensure the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial legislation and ensure that’s all accounting information is accurate and processed correctly and records are stored appropriately
- Responsible for the month end reporting including control account reconciliations, stock accuracy, bad debt reviews and bank reconciliations
- Analyse figures and implement recommendations on the findings
- Assistance with the production of the draft year end management accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with the auditors
- Responsible for, year-end reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely submissions of Inland Revenue returns
- Administer and manage the company’s payroll system and all associated tax and statutory returns
- Administer the businesses various pension schemes, complete end of year pension returns and liaise with auditors to ensure accurate and timely preparation of the pension fund accounts
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies including preparing monthly cash flow statements
- Prepare papers for The Director’s for regular finance meetings, and take minutes at the meetings
- Contribute fully to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- The operation of the sale ledger ensuring that invoices are raised promptly and accurately and that appropriate credit control procedures are in place to ensure prompt payment of debts
- The operation of purchase ledger ensuring that invoices are accurately recorded and that suppliers are paid within agreed credit terms
- The smooth operation of the monthly payroll and ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with
- Ideally qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) however Qualified by Experience from an SME background will be considered
- Experience in a similar hands on role working in a stand alone position
- Highly competent user of excel to include pivot tables and v-look ups
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts