An agile London based independent Marketing Agency is looking for a Finance Director to join their team.
They are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong commercial leadership to work alongside the board and the senior management in the business to help drive the business forward.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with an entrepreneurial leadership team within an independent that is agile and bespoke. The Finance Director will also oversee the finance team, client related areas, HR and operational issues. Working with the management team - presenting and interpreting financial information - this individual will also manage the communication with legal and other third parties.
Leading and managing the finance team, you will be responsible for all of the accounting operations of the company, including the overall financial controls of the company, production of periodic management accounts, annual budgeting, KPI modelling, regular forecasting and control of weekly reporting, year-end accounts preparation, and implementing and overseeing accounting process and improvement.
- Partner with Board in forecasting, budgeting, and modelling for planned growth. Liaising closely with the rest of the business and managing the Finance Team, to ensure sound financial governance is in place. Responsibility includes:
- Setting annual revenue and margin targets and monthly reforecasting
- Collaborating with Business Directors and Department Heads to ensure efficient resource cost management
- The preparation of timely management and board, management & statutory accounts
- Deliver reporting, analysis, insights, and guidance to senior management teams
- To be able to lead all contract negotiations (clients, partners, vendors) and collaborate as needed with legal and project teams. Responsible for contractual compliance of finalized terms.
- Lead & manage Finance and operations team (2 direct reports) towards effective and accurate financial statements and management information, whilst looking for ways to incorporate further best practice and efficiencies
- Responsibility towards day-to-day office operations, such as:
- Review and approve vendor invoices and payment remittances
- Logistics and accounting related to leasehold improvements, new equipment leases, capital expenditures, etc.
- Logistics related to some operational areas such as Space and facilities
- IT - ensuring appropriate IT function is in place to support business and managing external IT resource.
- Ensure a working environment that supports efficient business operation including management of house services and supplies
- Management of the office manager/receptionist and overseeing office management function
- HR - develop and manage the remuneration policy, HR policies, job offers, contracts and oversee the management of HR issues (with assistance from external resource)
- 3-5 years in a senior level finance role
- Possess a healthy mix of commercial thinking and financial accounting knowledge
- Strong leadership, motivational, teamwork, people management and accountability skills
- Possess a can/will do positive attitude
- Be a strong and positive communicator
- Prior creative/agency experience is essential
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Finance Director
- Financial Statements
- Marketing Agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job