Finance Director required for a growing manufacturing sector business based in Burton on Trent - Staffordshire. Our client is a leader within its industry which includes, Aerospace, Automotive, Rail, Defence and off highway sectors. We are looking to appoint an inspirational and focused driven Finance Director. Reporting directly to the Business Unit Managing Director, we require a Finance Director with Manufacturing or Engineering sector experience.
This is the number one finance role for the business. It needs someone with a strong character who can balance approachability and adaptableness with being able to challenge and make sure the finances for the business are in the best possible shape.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work with the MD to develop and deliver strategic growth, financial planning and business planning processes
- Support to the Managing Director in providing strong day-to-day leadership, conducting regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and that coordination is good between all departments
- Developing KPIs to drive business performance
- Contribute to identifying and delivering profit improvement opportunities
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Formulation financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the Group Operational Board
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Timely completion and distribution of monthly management information and group reporting requirements, including management accounts and cash flow forecasts
- Working capital and cash flow management
- Ensure robust financial management reporting systems are in place
- Oversee all statutory bodies within the company governance structure
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company’s affairs including a general duty of care and operation within a legal and secure trading environment
Experience, Qualifications and Skills required:
- Management experience of managing leading, organising, motivating and developing a team
- Build excellent relationships across the Senior Management Team providing challenge and commercial decision support
- Strong leadership skills and a results oriented, ambitious ability to lead continuous improvement and change •
- Ability to set and deliver priorities
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication with attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Business orientated with a commercial outlook, the ability to see commercial return and bottom line profit •
- Able to identify trends, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organisational plan
- Confident qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) who can work extremely closely with the equally driven and ambitious General manager and Senior Board.
- If someone has the right attitude, passion and desire and they've not operated at FD level before we would still be keen to talk to you.
Salary guide: c£70k+ basic + Benefits include a company car, bonus and pension
- Finance Director
- Financial Controller