Our client is a creative agency with ambition. Founded in the US in the 80's, the London arm has been operating and steadily growing for a few years now. With a new leadership team in place and a clear direction for the agency in the UK this is a really exciting time to be joining the business. As Finance Director, you will be looked upon to partner the Managing Director and help them drive the growth of the agency. The team are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and attitude and loads of energy! Of course, the role is first and foremost a financial and commercial position but as a small agency, the team want someone up for getting involved with a bit of everything.
- Partner to MD advising on strategic direction, financial management and building the culture of the agency.
- Leading and developing the support function including 3 finance staff, HR manager, office manager and IT manager.
- Presenting analytical and insightful reports to the management team and parent company highlighting the agency's performance.
- Full control of expenditure.
- Raising the commercial agenda in a creative agency.
- Preparation and presentation of annual plan and quarterly re-forecasts to the holding company.
- Establishing pricing strategies and remuneration models.
- Preparation of client fee proposals and negotiation of fees with procurement.
- Preparation and negotiation of client contracts.
- Cash flow forecasting and management.
- Responsible for payroll including year-end returns.
- Year-end audit including dealing with US versus UK GAAP compliance issues.
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Working closely with HR and department heads to recruit, train and retain talent, as well as setting policies and dealing with HR issues including dismissals, absenteeism, redundancies and grievances.
- Point of contact for other group agencies advising on finance, legal, HR and finance systems in the UK.
- Qualified Accountant with previous experience heading up a finance department
- Commercially focussed with proven experience of client contract and fee negotiations
- Confident partnering and advising Senior Management
- Ideally from a Marketing or Media background
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job