Welcome Break Support Centre, MK16 9EZ
Competitive salary depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
This role will help provide analysis to enhance the profitability of a £175m catering business. Working alongside the Commercial Team, you will be able to use your skills to tell the story behind the numbers. In turn you will enhance the performance and profitability across nine different catering brands
About the Commericial Analyst Role.
- Provision of insightful business analysis together with recommendations based on sound financial data, using relevant financial systems (COGNOS BI, Analyst, external brand systems)
- Provide accurate and timely routine management information to the business of routine KPI’s
- Give proactive support to the Commercial Team in respect of business
- performance and assist in the recommendation / decision process
- Development of new reports to reflect the needs of the Commercial team and the wider business
- Promotional analysis – track supplier rebates, explain variances to Budget/
- Forecast / LY, and understand margin impacts
- Provision and maintenance of both standard and one-off reports to enable
- decision support by the Commercial team
- Own and maintain retail price models and cost price models. Review the impact to the business of changes in these areasand make recommendations for improving financial and business performance (pricing, range, sales mix, spend, margins)
- Variance analysis to understand performance both YOY and against budget
- Preparation of business cases and post-completion reviews in respect of capital projects
- Be the finance representative at monthly commercial summary meetings
- Provide analysis to the business to review the efficiency of labour
Qualities we look for in a Commericial Analyst
- Proactive and Self Motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to challenge the norm
- Is obviously passionate about their responsibilities.
- Gets things executed and done - “Can Do!”
- High integrity and confidentiality essential.
Your experience as a Commericial Analyst
- Commercial analysis and budgeting experience.
- Ideal for a part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with a desire to learn and progress.
- Experience with COGNOS BI is desirable
- Part Qualified Accountant (would be well suited to CIMA)
- Experience of carrying out and delivering financial analysis
- Presentation of financial information to non-financial business partners
- Good working knowledge of excel – able to use functions such as vlookup, sumif, sumifs, pivot tables and index
- Be solution orientated able to work through obstacles to an optimal solution.
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and ensure successful delivery of responsibilities on time
- A natural curiosity to understand how things work, across all areas of the business, from data systems to customer behaviour.
Key benefits for the Commercial Analyst.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ holiday (incl BH) increasing with service
- Contributory pension
- Structured career path and bespoke training
- Discounts from 1000s of high street stores via MyWelcomeBreak.
- Generous discounts on hotel rooms for you and family members
Please apply with a recent copy of your CV as soon as possible as closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd January 2020. If you do not have an up to date CV and would still like to apply then alternatively please apply with a covering letter instead. Any questions please email
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'