I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a retail business in London.
The Analyst is responsible for providing financial planning, analysis and decision support to help drive the profitable, cash generative growth of the business.
- Analysing trading profitability for both own-bought departments and concessions.
- Identifying trends in performance; KPI (financial and non-financial) monitoring; Where applicable, differentiate between departments in which capex has been expended or new concessions opened in the year and "like for like" performance
- Supporting new business opportunities and help to identify new or enhanced revenue streams
- Appraising and evaluating capital proposals including challenging business case assumptions; monitoring and analysing post implementation performance
- Reviewing concession profitability and comparing this to an estimate of the concession's own profits from trading ; highlighting anomalies and opportunities to increase share of profits from concessions
- Benchmarking profitability and other KPIs across the business. Identifying areas of departmental over or under performance compared with other departments and concessions, and suggest opportunities for improvements in under performing areas.
- Reviewing new concession agreements / renewals: proposing and challenging the terms as applicable
Work with the Finance Director to develop budgets and forecasts in the context of strategic and operating plan goals
Support and proactively provide input and insight to the P&L re forecast, identifying and addressing performance gaps and opportunities through prioritised planning and analyses; recommend action plans to address gaps or realise the opportunities
They are looking for a fully qualified accountant who has worked in a commercial finance role within a consumer business.
- finance analyst