Job Role: Finance Analyst / Excel Wizard
Company: Reed Specialist Recruitment
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Are you analytical and enthusiastic? Do you want to join a successful global company with a commitment to continually developing staff and a track record of providing internal growth opportunities? Do you want to join a busy Finance team which continually presents new challenges and projects? If so then read on, as REED are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our Head Office team in Northampton.
The first 12 months or so in the role will look something like this:
- Gain knowledge of information systems and data structures to produce MI reports and fulfil ad-hoc data requests
- Use advanced Excel formulas and VBA coding to be able to maintain existing reporting (you don’t necessarily need to know how to do this now, but you will need to learn pretty quickly)
- Develop into a business partner - understand how our different divisions operate and how they use information, gain credibility as a source of timely, accurate and useful management information
- Build a network of senior contacts throughout the business, then use your technical skills to support their business objectives with updated and brand new reporting suites - responsively and proactively
- Choose your own adventure - as you grow into the role you will be able and encouraged to find and propose your own problems/projects to tackle, to help us become better at what we do. Better never stops.
In this role you won’t be micromanaged so you will need to be well organised, able to prioritise the day to day along with ad-hoc projects, and have the get up and go to find solutions to problems on your own (though help is always on hand when needed!).
We are looking for someone who can bring numbers to life - on screen (cool charts and graphs are encouraged), over the phone and in person (occasional travel to other sites may be needed). You will be distributing and explaining complex information to technical and non-technical colleagues from operational to senior level, so you will need to have a good head for numbers, decent IT ability, and strong people skills.
Blue-sky thinking, a sense of humour and appreciation for a proper brew will be considered beneficial.
If this sounds like you and you think you can accomplish the above, we want to hear from you. Send through a cover letter telling us why we would work well together (1 page max!) along with your CV.
Join Reed Specialist Recruitment - Our Brand, Our People, Your Career
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job