Site: Markham Vale 2
Core Days: Monday – Friday
Core Hours: 08.30am – 17.00pm, however you will be expected to be flexible to suit the jobs requirements and business needs
As the successful candidate you will contribute to the overall success of the site, you will report directly to the site Finance Manager responsible for delivering Management Information to the General Manager, Operations team, Finance and the Board. You will be responsible for supporting in the production of weekly and monthly Management Accounts for the site transport and warehouse P&Ls. Working closely with operational teams, you will analyse the performance of the P&L, prepare budgets, forecasts and MI. You will be part of a new site which is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a start-up operation which will provide a much broader experience than a typical accounts role.
Great Bear is a leading 3PL UK logistics business providing nationwide dedicated and shared user warehousing and distribution solutions for international blue chip clients. Managing over 6 million sq ft of warehousing space and operating over 300 commercial vehicles, Great Bear has built a reputation within the industry as a modern and innovative operator. Founder in 1994, Great Bear has enjoyed 22 years of continuous growth, with turnover set to exceed £160m in 2017. Now part of the Culina Group, further significant future growth is forecasted due to a number of exciting opportunities within the expanded ambient division.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a junior accountant. The key responsibilities for this role will include:
* Support in the weekly production of costings for several P&Ls
* Submit weekly costings and KPI information to Operations and Head Office
* Creation and maintenance of accurate MI for the operational team
* Support in the monthly management accounts process
* Investigate and explain variances in the management accounts
* Get involved with the production of monthly review packs of financial and operational management information for discussion with customers at review meetings
* Contribute towards annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for all profit centres
* Invoice and credit control customers and update Company cash forecast
* Deal with site suppliers including self-billing subcontract hauliers on a weekly basis
* Maintain accurate purchase ordering
* Provide holiday cover for T&A system
* Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required (from the Site General Manager / Finance Manage
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
* AAT PQ / Qualified
* Attention to detail and analytical approach
* Expert in using IT, including Microsoft Office
* Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data
* Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff
* Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
* Good communicator
* Willingness to learn about the Company and industry with a desire to excel and develop
* Keen to get involved, learning about the Company and the industry we operate in
Click APPLY NOW to kick – start your application!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job