Main Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose is to facilitate the weekly payments to Contributors across Mail Newspapers (Daily Mail & The Mail on Sunday and Metro. The role is responsible for query management and resolution, and will require considerable liaison with Editorial Staff as well as a significant number of our Contributors.
- Mark up the various titles to enable self-billing and hold regular review meetings with the appropriate Editorial Desks
- Respond promptly to contributor inquiries and liaise with the appropriate Editorial desks and the payments team to ensure they are resolved and resolution is communicated effectively.
- Manage any complaints through to resolution taking appropriate action and communicate accordingly
- Work closely with the SSF in Leicester to ensure the timely payment and reporting of all contributor claims
- Act as first point of contact for Editorial Staff who have finance related queries, for example relating to contributions and expenses.
Key Experience and Qualities
- Excellent customer and colleague relationship skills including the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Ability to deal appropriately with any conflicts which may arise
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive; ability to use initiative and take ownership of queries until fully resolved
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible and collaborative approach, able to work as part of a small team and provide cover for colleagues
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Outlook and other systems required to perform the role