A specialist IT hardware support company specialising in maintenance and professional services to the UK channel. With over 30 years in existence and a great pedigree for enterprise infrastructure support, the company are now in an accelerated growth stage. They are quickly becoming the channel service provider of choice for hardware support and services for their clients. The growth has led to a need for a dynamic and flexible field engineer who has knowledge of the IT maintenance market in the UK.
Job Role: Field Storage and Server Engineer (Permanent)
They are looking for a field engineer to join their southern team in London and the surrounding counties. Working as a field (home) based engineer, the role entails providing maintenance to contracted customers on their server, storage and network environments. This includes troubleshooting faults, identifying replacement parts and installation. The role also involves remote support on high end storage environments and providing guidance and advice to clients on their infrastructure. Reporting into the engineering manager and with ties to the commercial team the role is varied and may entail working outside of normal working hours when needed. This is a demanding and exciting role for an IT professional looking to enhance their skill set and customer engagement ability. Company car/fuel, phone and laptop/tools are provided. Weekly visits to the Croydon office may be required.
Job Skill Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a systems engineer or related role
- Extensive Knowledge and accreditations in the following: NetApp (including OnTap), Dell Poweredge Servers, HP Proliant Servers and Bladesystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Willing to travel throughout Southern England for onsite fault calls
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience and Accreditations on EMC Storage (VNX, CX, AX and NS ranges), IBM X and P, Cisco and Brocade
- SC Clearance
- Project management and/or deployment experience
- EMC Storage
- Net App