My Peterborough based client is now recruiting for a FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER to join their friendly and expanding team to cover the region London and outskirts of Reading. The role will involve being out on the road managing breakdown calls or making prepaid maintenance visits. Most work is achievable within a day but early starts and late finishes are sometimes unavoidable, possible late-notice overnight stays may on occasion be required. Weekend call-out availability will occasionally be requested. You need to have either a background in motor engineering or forklift maintenance to be considered suitable for this role. If this sounds like you then read on.
- To manage all area breakdown calls and plan Prepaid Maintenance visits
- Receiving new jobs on electronic android
- Liaising as and when necessary with the company service desk each morning, during each day and each evening to discuss the present and next days’ work-plan.
- To liaise with the customer prior to attending site and before leaving site upon completion of work
- Adhering to risk assessments and method statements as appropriate to the work being carried out
- Advising service desk of required parts to re-stock van or receive further parts to continue with any on-going work
- To provide an efficient and competent response to planned, reactive and ad-hoc repairs and service inspections to the company’s customers vehicles within an acceptable timescale.
- To maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness of themselves and service van condition.
- To maintain the parts stock levels to the service van and lock-up.
- To advise service desk of service van faults and impending service intervals
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Good Customer Service skills
- Team player
- Flexible approach to work
- Background / experience in motor engineering or fork lift maintenance.
- Qualified to City & Guild or NVQ level 3 in these areas or above
- Full Clean Driver’s License
Working hours will be 45 per week, overtime will be paid daily at, time & half for the first 4 hours over 45 and double time thereafter. You will also receive On-going product training both in-house & specialist. Protective clothing, cleansers, barrier creams and First Aid kit. Service Van, Mobile Phone, all necessary product related specialist tools and equipment. Maps and Sat Nav.
If you can demonstrate all the skills outlined above, then please do send your details. Ideal locations for this role are Reading Watford, London around the M25, Milton Keynes
- Field Service
- Service Desk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job