About the Role
Our client is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their team of FMI Service Engineers - ideally based in or near Birmingham in order to support their customers in the Midlands, Wales, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and bordering regions as necessary.
- You will be supported by the Service Support Department at their Head Office
- A multi-tasking role requiring attention to detail, excellent & clear communication skills (written & verbal) and good organisational skill in order to maintain service records and work methodology.
- A period of training would be undertaken, during which it would be expected that terminology specific to their industry would have to be learnt as well as working to their own exacting standards.
The successful candidate will have:-
- A good grounding in Mechanical or Multi-Disciplined Engineering skills
- An appreciation of Dimensional Metrology.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Hold a valid & clean driving licence
- Have the ability to work alone whilst also representing our client at Customer premises
- Be prepared to work flexible hours when required.
After completing a Training Programme for their range of Form Measuring Equipment, you will be involved & responsible for the following activities with regards to our equipment at Customer premises.
- after sales service support
- Competitive Salary
- Pension - auto enrolled within 3 months and thereafter following a satisfactory period in their employ, to benefit from inclusion in an enhanced Company GPP scheme.
- Medical Insurance - after a satisfactory period in their employ to benefit from a comprehensive Company Medical Scheme covering both employee and qualifying family members
- Full time position, Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5pm) with ½ hour for lunch.
- Canteen facilities (subsidised) where provided at our main UK sites.
- Company estate car with generous domestic usage allowance.
- Latest tools and technologies to support performance of the post including mobile phone, tablet and appropriate equipment to complete the required duties, including all PPE
- On Site parking - available at all of our UK sites.
- Dimensional Metrology
- Field Service
- Mechanical Engineering
- Training Programme