Field Sales Representative - IDS – Greater London Region
The vacancy is for a Field Sales Representative for IDS, part of the Saint Gobain group, winners of global employers 2016, 2017 and 2018.
We are looking for an experienced sales focused individual looking for a new challenge.
This is a field based role so a driving licence and willingness to travel is essential.
The role will be to represent and promote the company with customers and to generate sales enquiries and orders from both new and existing accounts, to achieve budgeted sales within territory.
In the role as Field Sales Representative you will;
- Identify key accounts and build strong relationships with those customers, providing an excellent standard of ongoing customer care
- Plan territory visits to ensure that customers are contacted at the required frequency
- Be proactive and assertive in seeking new business and re-activating dormant accounts
- Negotiate sales deals that will achieve budgeted margins and which conform to the Company’s sales policies
- Report activity levels within the territory to the Branch Manager on a daily basis
- Gather competitor and customer information and report weekly on general market activity to the Branch Manager
- Using the IT reporting system “ Sales I “ to help manage, develop and achieve sales budgets whilst updating and maintaining relevant market and customer information
Am I who you are looking for? For the Field Sales Representative specifically it is important that you will:
- Industry experience is desirable, but it is more important we get someone with the right attitude and personality.
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
- Experience in a sales role would be preferable as we could do with somebody who can make an impact quite quickly.
- Able to engage with stakeholders at any level (MD to shop floor).
- Hardworking and hungry – you need to want to sell
- Resilient, able to overcome setbacks and continue with enthusiasm.
- Strong analytical and IT skills
What are the benefits?
- Holiday – 31 days increasing to 33 with service (including 8 bank holidays)
- Retirement Savings Plan – Matching contribution for less than 4%, above 4% contribution increasing with service
- Life Assurance – 2 x salary / 4 x salary in pension scheme
- Share options – Monthly scheme buy 4 get 1 free
- Staff Discount – Across SGBD brands
- BD For You – Flexible benefits package
Who are IDS?
International Decorative Surfaces (a part of Saint Gobain) is the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing. The company is part of the Saint Gobain Group, recognised as Europe's leading organisation in building materials.
Working as part of an established team backed by the world’s leading building materials distributor in Saint Gobain you’ll be driving our sales over the phone alongside an established and close working team who like to work hard but also have fun! We truly invest in our team and support them in their career development. With such a significant presence both in the UK and worldwide, we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are you in?
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job