Job Title: Field Network Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum + (DoE)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Are you a switched on, enthusiastic individual that has a passion for technology? Do you like finding simplistic solutions for complex problems? Are you looking to start or grow a career in the ISP industry?
The Company, a leading ISP to Business and Science Parks around the UK, are looking for a Connectivity Engineer to join their team to provide support over the phone and onsite for their customers. You will work with their first line technical support to assist in the triage and fix for their hosting, telephony and connectivity platform and solutions; assisting their team with complex network and connectivity issues. Whilst the role is based in their office in Cambridge, where they remotely access most of their systems, as part of this role you will be required to travel across the UK to their various sites for maintenance and installations. Based in our Cambridge office, but with travel around the UK, you'll be providing support to their team internally and customers externally whilst ensuring their ISP services are delivered to the highest possible standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to start or grow a fruitful career in the ISP industry.
- Self-starter attitude and a knack for finding simple solutions to complex issues
- A natural problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- A strong knowledge and understanding of IP and Ethernet Networks
- Solid understanding of switching and routing technologies as well as Firewall and Security technologies and solutions
- Experience with Remote Access and Site-to-Site VPNs
- Experience and aptitude with troubleshooting issues
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco experience
- Familiarity with Sonicwall Firewalls
- Mikrotik ROS knowledge
- MPLS/BGP Core Networking experience
- Experience with VMWare and other virtualization environments
- Experience with Wireless Network Systems
Why choose this Company?
They know that people matter; people make a difference; not just to their company, but also to their customers; so they only bring on board the very best people to join the family.
The Company has been working with their customers to make sure that their Connectivity, Hosting and Telephony needs never stand in the way of them achieving their goals. Their two founders have created a company with staff that work together, learn from each other and support each other through all levels of the company. At the Company they encourage autonomy, self-development and give you a friendly and supportive environment to work in to allow you to provide the very best levels of support, advice and partnership with their customers.
Accelerate your skill set rapidly, get rewarded each time you gain a new qualification with their exam pass scheme, work with new and exciting technologies, a great working environment that's supportive and knowledgeable, annual salary reviews, employer pension contributions, private healthcare, share in the company's success with our annual bonus, life assurance & travel expenses.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Network Engineer, Connectivity Engineer, Connectivity Solutions Engineer, Field Service Engineer, IT Field Support Engineer, Telephony Support Engineer, Network Engineer, ISP Network Engineer, Juniper, Cisco, Network Systems Engineer may also be considered for this role.
- Network Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- IT Field Support Engineer
- Field Network Engineer
- Connectivity Engineer
- Connectivity Solutions Engineer
- Telephony Support Engineer
- ISP Network Engineer
- Network Systems Engineer