The engineer (home based 40 hours per week, days to be discussed) will be required to attend various sites to provide support on networking, server, software and PC issues (reloads, antivirus issues). Additionally the engineer will be required to install data storage equipment for a market leader based company and this work may require longer travel distances and overnight stays. There will be the occasional requirement to provide 2nd and 3rd line support at customers’ sites. Various work will be required on an ad hoc base to carry out server maintenance/performance tuning. Future project work may involve installations of servers and various SAN equipment.
- Working knowledge of windows based operating systems and have relevant experience (XP to 8)
- Working knowledge of common desktop applications (Office 2003-10, Antivirus)
- Working knowledge networking (LAN, Hardware, HP Insight, Dell Open Manage etc)
- Working knowledge Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Working knowledge understand routers switches and firewalls (installing, basic fault finding configuring)
- Storage experience would be advantageous (NetApp, EMC^2, HP)
- Must have a Full driving licence and driven in the UK (Manual)
- Must have legal right to work in the UK full time
- Good communication skills.
- Must be willing to work over time
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Lifting and travelling by public transport will be required
- Will be expected to achieve NPPV3 Police vetting and Home office SC clearance
- The right candidate will be subject to pre Employment Company testing
Various training will be offered, ASE2, ASE3 for NetApp, IBM server training, and Dell server training and access to a wide variety of CBT nuggets. The majority of this training is home based, with some lab based training in the training headquarters in Birmingham.
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Sick Pay
- Free Bi-annual Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
- Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund - Discounted monthly rates
- Ride2Work - Tax efficient way of purchasing a bike for travelling to work
- Company car
- Overtime (stand by rota)
- Overtime (Ad Hoc)
The London offices (Camden) are actively recruiting for a field engineer to support the London team. The ideal candidate will live inside the M25. The engineer will cover London and the south coast. Travel outside of this area will occur when the need arises.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
IT Specialists (ITS) is a trading name of Reynolds and Reynolds and is a nationwide Managed IT Services provider delivering UK-based services to business of all sizes. ITS offers a broad range of IT services including: managed backup and recovery, tailored UK cloud hosting; complete infrastructure implementation; flexible telephony solutions and web creative services to businesses across the country. Extensive resources made available through Reynolds and Reynolds, allow ITS to offer market leading guarantees on response and fix times, giving its customers peace of mind over their IT.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job