Are you a scientist who loves science but is now ready for the commercial world? Have you used advanced microscopy techniques in your research?
Do you want to see science without the commitment to doing your own experiments? If so we want to talk. We help bridge the gap from academia to the modern workplace making the most of your talents.
We are looking for people with Ph.D.'s in Life Science or Physics to work with scientists and help them get the most from our products.
Teledyne Photometrics is a US-based scientific instruments company which houses its European Sales and Global Marketing team in Hall Green, Birmingham, UK.
Field Application Specialists are designed as the principal connections between our technology and the end users who utilize them to advance science. The position is intended for those looking to work with world leading scientists in part of a highly technical and dedicated team.
You will be involved in demonstrating our products to world-leading scientists performing experiments such as single-molecule imaging, stochastic super-resolution microscopy, electrophysiology and using equipment such as light sheet systems, spinning disk systems, advanced optics and optical benches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with sales representatives to perform hands-on demonstrations in Europe.
- Communicate product value and arrange demonstrations with our distribution channel.
- Take ownership of advanced support problems travelling to customers if deemed necessary.
- Work with Sales to develop sales strategies for customer conversion and retention.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and training events representing and promoting Photometrics.
- Work with customers to develop application notes and references.
- Create training material for sales team and dealer network.
- Provide customer training.
- Document activities and customer communications in CRM database.
- Participate and contribute to sales and regional meetings.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- PhD in Biology/Physics.
- Experienced in Microscopy.
- History of using advanced imaging techniques.
- Competent with Windows and Microsoft products.
- Proficiency to follow up and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel 60% of time.
- Travel across the UK and Europe
- Flexibility to work outside traditional working hours.
- Other duties assigned by management
- Confocal Microscopy
- Digital Imaging
- Fluorescence Microscopy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'