This role will combine a strong Materials Science (Glass and Polymers) understanding with a practical hands on approach to process development. Working for a company who design and manufacture Laser and optics products you will support the development of optical fibre manufacturing processes across the whole product lifecycle from concept through to manufacture.
The position will give you the chance to lead technology development on next generation products with most of the principles of materials related to glass and polymers. Some day to day responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning new fibre manufacturing equipment and supporting production to ensure operating procedures are efficient and fit for purpose.
- Develop new fibre and preform manufacturing processes.
- Monitoring manufacturing processes through control charts and production performance.
- Help to improve manufacturing yield, product capability and cost reductions.
For this role you will need:
- A strong degree in a Materials Science related field with a good understanding of glass and polymer materials properties.
- Strong knowledge of automated control and development with the ability to improve processes over time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job