Farm Workers – Poultry Caretaker – We are currently recruiting for Farm Workers on behalf of an innovative and progressive global poultry company. This organisation are well established and pride themselves in their high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Following a period of growth, they are looking to recruit additional Farm Workers based both on our UK Farms and as a Mobile Team. The Farm based roles are Poultry Caretakers and are primarily that of caring for and collecting eggs from the chickens. You will also take on responsibility around the efficient running of the farm – within egg management and facilities management.
Duties for any Caretaker will include:
- To proactively maintain poultry to a high standard through ?
- Ensuring that stock has ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Ensuring that stock has an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Ensuring that stock are free from pain, injury or disease by ensuring preventative measures or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Ensuring that stock is provided sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the own kind
- Ensuring that conditions and treatment avoid mental suffering to the stock
- Maintain house hygiene, dusting, light fitment cleaning, sweeping up, replacing litter and cleaning bootdips
- To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing, boot dipping/changing and the wearing of all protective clothing.
- To ensure food is weighed accurately
- Maintain accurate record keeping - house temperature, mortality, egg collections
- Keep the farm clean and tidy including laundry, cleaning of showers and communal areas
The Mobile Team are responsible for the selection, vaccination and movement of birds within the production department. This is a mobile role and based from Dereham, but you would be expected to travel to various facilities.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the highest standard of support to production facilities
- Clean and sanitize vaccination and blood testing instruments
- Inoculate and spray vaccinate birds as instructed.
- Record information according to instructions for medications, vaccinations and their treatments.
- Move birds as required within the production area.
- Clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles used in moving birds, supplies or equipment of the farm
- Select birds according to procedures outlined and record the data on forms provided
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing and the wearing of all protective clothing.
- To strictly adhere to all bio-security rules.
- Adhere to all Farm Health and Safety rules and procedures.
Skills and attributes required:
- Being able to work efficiently on own initiative
- 1 years’ experience of working in a comparable livestock environment
- Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proactive and driven approach
Ideally you have at least 1 years’ experience working with livestock in a similar role, and are looking for a long term role please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Production, Poultry, Farm, Mobile Workers
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- Mobile Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job