IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE
Job Title: Family/Children's Contact Centre Supervisor - daytime, evening & weekends
Salary: £7.50 per hour
The role of a Family/Children's Contact Centre Supervisor is to unobtrusively observe contact between children who have been removed from their parents care and their parents or other family members, to ensure that the contact meeting is safe, positive and fun for the child. The majority of the contacts take place at our beautifully decorated and child friendly contact centres. Occasionally they happen in the community or in family homes. This is a part-time role that is perfect for those looking for flexible work to fit around other commitments.
The Family/Children's Contact Centre Supervisor will act as a chaperone for the duration of the pre-arranged contact session between a child and their family member and then write a report on their observations which will be sent to the Local Authority and may form part of the Local Authority`s parenting assessment. The Contact Supervisor may be asked to collect the child and transport them to contact and return them home again at the end of contact. So a driving licence and access to a car would be beneficial, but is not essential.
The role of a contact worker is varied, on occasions challenging and very, very rewarding.
- An NVQ Level 2/3 in Children and families or a related field would be ideal, but is not essential.
- A non-judgemental attitude.
- An ability to put people at ease.
- A basic understanding of safeguarding issues and child development.
- A desire to work with vulnerable families.
- Good writing skills.
- A current DBS for working with adults and children.
- Current driving license and access to a car.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
- Family/Children’s Contact Centre Supervisor : dayt