The General Hand / Trainee Fettler will work in the finishing team, assembling and packing doors, spares and stoves. Fettling duties on a rotational basis will also be required.
The General Hand / Trainee Fettler may at times be required to assist on Painting, Laser and Plasma machines, Robot welding machine, Press Brakes, Roll Bending and Press area associated machinery to suit the business needs.
- Assemble stoves in accordance with 'stove assembly instructions’, move to packing.
- Build sub assemblies to 'sub-assembly instructions’, move to Stores.
- Pack stoves in accordance with 'stove packing instructions’, move to Stores.
- Manufacture doors to 'door assembly instructions’, move to Stores.
- Re-work returned goods and internal non-conforming parts as required.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within 'standard time’.
- Produce fettled parts to specification.
- Ensure daily and weekly equipment checks and maintenance is completed.
- Report any faults and discuss improvement opportunities with the Team Leader.
- Ensure adequate housekeeping is maintained within your own work area.
- Ensure all Company Health and Safety Procedures and Safe Systems of Working are followed.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used as directed, maintained and stored correctly.
- Ensure all Company Quality Standards are maintained.
- Ensure compliance to all Company Rules and Regulations.
- Any other reasonable task as directed by your Line Manager.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Able to meet targets, whilst demonstrating accuracy and quality of work.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
- Well organised, with a systematic approach to work.
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail.
Hours of work
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am until 4.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £16,889.60 - £19,489.60 per annum (equivalent to £8.12 - £9.37 per hour), depending on experience
21 days annual leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day at 2 years’ service, another day at 4 years’ service, to a maximum of 24 days at 6 years’ service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job