Fabrication Department Supervisor
Are you a natural leader who thrives keeping projects organised and on track, and have a background in fabricating or welding? If so, and you believe you have what it takes to help keep one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers running smoothly, read on to find out more…
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
What will the role of Fabrication Department Supervisor entail?
Working closely with the Fabrications Manager, you will help to manage and co-ordinate a busy Fabrication Department on a day-to-day basis, organising work schedules and planning resources for time constrained projects. You will be responsible for a team of 20 Fabricators / Welders, to whom you will help provide technical information and support. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the management and coordination of complicated projects including staffing, materials, schedules and sub-contractors
- Interpreting drawings
- Carrying out inspection reports in line with the company’s quality management system and customer requirements
- Maintaining the schedule of work
- Assessing and issuing drawing packs to meet deadlines
- Maintaining accurate records of both build processes and man hours used
What will I need to be considered for this Fabrication Department Supervisor role?
- Proven experience as a fabricator/welder along with experience in a similar supervisory role
- Solid understanding of fabrication and welding processes as well as quality procedures
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Superb organisational and time management skills
- High levels of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Project
- A self-motivated, positive attitude
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Competitive salary
Additional Benefits: Contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7am to 4:30pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Fabrication Department Supervisor vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job