My client are a FTSE 250 business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have revenues in excess of £1.8bn and a reputation for being the best in their business.
They are currently looking to recruit a Fabric Engineer, responsible for ppm and reactive building fabric maintenance in commercial/retail properties across Oxfordshire.
Job objectives and responsibilities
* To undertake mainly carpentry, general handyman and semi skilled facilities maintenance duties.
* To operate, maintain and manage effectively, with minimum supervision new and existing building services to specified standards as determined by the contract and company procedures.
* This is a mobile role so a full UK driving licence is essential.
* To carry out building fabric repairs
* To carry out routine water hygiene tasks
* To carry out minor decorating tasks
* To carry out minor plumbing repairs
* To carry out minor electrical repairs
* To carry out ad hoc general minor repairs as required
* To assist with sourcing materials for jobs
* To assist with the preparation of costs for quotations
* Take proactive approach to customer liaison and ensure concerns are dealt with or relayed to line management promptly
* Previous experience working within commercial environment
* Previous maintenance experience
* General handyman skills - joinery, painting, basic electrical tasks
* Basic electrical experience/awareness
* Able to problem solve / diagnose faults etc