External Reporting Manager - Insurance - S.E. London
The Financial Review and Challenge team’s primary roles are to review & challenge Group Statutory data with specific responsibility for the ownership of the financial information included in quarterly external reporting and quarterly reporting templates ("QRTs") submitted to the PRA.
Accountabilities: (including, but not limited to)
- Prepare and own key financial disclosures in the group’s UK published Annual Report and Accounts and bi-annual Company Announcements, ensuring effective and timely delivery of relevant and accurate consolidated financial information.
- Support Audit Committee reporting on papers related to the financial statements.
- Ensure that the quarterly (Q1 & Q3) review and challenge of core data disclosures and supplementary data collection for inclusion in quarterly interim management statements are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Review QRTs for consistency period on period with previous submissions and for consistency with IFRS disclosures arising from the above
- Review and report the monthly income statement and balance sheet, including preparation and presentation of group reports to senior management.
- You will be a Qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Exposure to, understanding of and appetite to explore International Accounting Standard, IFRS
- Understanding of group financial reporting environment preferably within the Insurance sector